Programme Coordinator, IUCN Bangladesh
Programme Coordinator, IUCN Bangladesh
Under the guidance of the Country Representative (CR), IUCN Bangladesh, in close collaboration with all Programme/project staff, the Programme Coordinator will coordinate the IUCN Bangladesh Programme at the country level to ensure effective and timely development, planning, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of an integrated and coherent programme for IUCN Bangladesh.
To achieve this, the Programme coordinator will lead the programme team in Bangladesh and assist the Country Representative in developing new project concepts and proposals, and in monitoring the performance of Bangladesh programme in achieving programmatic and financial objectives.
The main responsibilities are:
i. Programme and Project Planning, Monitoring and Reporting
ii Programme and Project Development
iii. Capacity Development in Planning, Monitoring/Evaluation and Reporting
Programme and Project Planning, Monitoring and Reporting
Support the Country Representative in effectively coordinating the IUCN Bangladesh Programme to ensure coherence and integration across the programme as well as with the Asia Region and globally, and to this end:
• Coordinate the processes of the country programme and project planning, monitoring and reporting in accordance with guidelines established for the Asia Region and globally;
• Ensure that IUCN Bangladesh operationalizes the Asia Project Appraisal System (PAS) guidelines
• Ensure the development of good quality strategic, intersessional and annual plans for IUCN Bangladesh, including the development and regular monitoring of programme and project work plans;
• Work with the CR and Managers of Finance and HR, IUCN Bangladesh on matters related to preparation of project budget and donor contracts, definition of the core functions and costs of IUCN, integration of annual work planning and budgeting, and new financing mechanisms;
• Liaise closely with thematic units and Projects to ensure outputs and commitments identified in work plans are delivered in a timely and effective manner and any resulting products are of high quality;
• Integrate monitoring and evaluation in the work of all projects of IUCN Bangladesh including the development and use of performance indicators for quality management;
• Support programme and project evaluations and participate in related reviews, as necessary;
• Supervise and provide regular support to IUCN Bangladesh Programme staff with a view to developing an integrated team of IUCN personnel in the programmeEnsure that lessons learnt in various projects and units of IUCN Bangladesh are documented and internalized in the current and future work of IUCN Bangladesh.
• Ensure regular programme reporting requirements by both donors and IUCN Asia Regional Office (ARO) are met (e.g. Quarterly Progress-Reports & Annual Report);
• Ensure strong links between communications/knowledge management and programme coordination and delivery.
• Be directly responsible for the management of a thematic program and or Project implementation as required, playing the role of thematic head or project manager.
Capacity Development in Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
• Facilitate, guide and assist all programme units in using the tools and techniques available in Asia Region and globally for work planning, M&E and reporting;
• Provide overall guidance and advice on project development, proposal writing and donor intelligence;
• Identify needs for technical support to IUCN Bangladesh and recommend to the CR on how these may be met.
• Undertake specific capacity building measures and exercises (training, mentoring, other) as necessary
• Represent IUCN Bangladesh Program in external and internal IUCN meetings, at national, regional and international levels, as needed;
• Undertake any other tasks as may be assigned by, and mutually agreed with the line manager
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST). Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.
Other job opportunities are published in the IUCN website: http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/
IUCN is a membership Union uniquely composed of both government and civil society organisations. It provides public, private and non-governmental organisations with the knowledge and tools that enable human progress, economic development and nature conservation to take place together.
Created in 1948, IUCN is now the world’s largest and most diverse environmental network, harnessing the knowledge, resources and reach of more than 1,300 Member organisations and some 10,000 experts. It is a leading provider of conservation data, assessments and analysis. Its broad membership enables IUCN to fill the role of incubator and trusted repository of best practices, tools and international standards.
IUCN provides a neutral space in which diverse stakeholders including governments, NGOs, scientists, businesses, local communities, indigenous peoples organisations and others can work together to forge and implement solutions to environmental challenges and achieve sustainable development.
Working with many partners and supporters, IUCN implements a large and diverse portfolio of conservation projects worldwide. Combining the latest science with the traditional knowledge of local communities, these projects work to reverse habitat loss, restore ecosystems and improve people’s well-being.